Social media is evolving rapidly. Therefore, social media marketing strategies are changing too. Consumers from different generations interact on social media platforms in different ways.
Through this post, you can get an idea of how your target audience is utilizing social media. The behaviour of customers can help you decide the right social media marketing strategy for your business.
1. How many people are using social media?
Social media has become a platform for communication. Therefore, brands are using them to their advantage to interact with the customers. More and more brands have been considering social media as their primary marketing channel.
Here’s why you should consider it too:
• 50% of the world population use social media platforms.
• Over the year, there is an increase of active social media users by 400 million which takes the total count of the social media user to 4.55 billion.
• If you look at the average daily use of social media, it can be around 2 hours and 27 minutes.
• 6 out of the 10 people have a social media account.
• 45% of internet users research a product online before buying.
• 85% of marketers rate short content as the most effective one.
2. Who is the Market Leader?
There are different social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. Now, you need to see which has the highest number of active users and how you can use it to your benefit.
Facebook: More than 2.8 billion people use Facebook monthly. According to the statistics, it is one of the most used social media platforms. Daily, there have been around 2.8 billion active users in the 2021 third quarter.
Instagram: For brands, Instagram has become a powerful channel for marketing. The total number of Instagram users is 1.3 million. Half of them check Instagram stories and reels every day. 90% of these users follow business profiles and, 83% of these users are discovering brands and products. Later on, they often take action based on the interaction.
Twitter: 211 million people have been using Twitter in the third quarter of 2021.
3. Social Media Marketing
Most of the brands have a steady social media marketing strategy. According to 73% of marketers, the efforts of the brands are paying off. Therefore, brands should continue to use them in the coming days. It is a cost-effective platform that helps to send across a brand story easily. Continuous interaction with the customer helps to develop loyalty, increase business conversion and profitability.
Based on your target audience, you can choose social media platform. Our professional and experienced social media marketers can help you if you want.